COVID-19 UPDATE - The Vocal Academy is now offering online lessons and limited face to face lessons. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out our availability.
The Vocal Academy was founded by Lu Bristow in 2003. Where the lessons being taught by herself and other tutors are proving so popular, they are now being taught across the South West and South East of England.
• TVA has been working with schools since 2004
• All TVA tutors are working & performing singers
• TVA tutors will work with students of all abilities
• One-to-ones or small group lessons available.
. Grading available.
The Vocal Academy - Worthing
Rose - Principal and coach
Rose Raymond-Silvester who is our principal at The Vocal Academy Worthing and also Founder & Director of RRS Agency & Co-Director of Daredream Records Ltd will work with you on whatever you choose, whether that is singing Musical Theatre or Pop/rock, starting completely from scratch, you sing in a band and want to learn control or you are preparing for an audition, but if you are wanting direction with where to go with your singing she will help with that too. Rose is here for YOU and will do her best to help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be as a singer.
Rose: "My passion is not only music and teaching singing, but also getting the most out of my students for them to reach their full potential and be the best, most confident performers they can be".
• Studied Vocals and Professional Musicianship in 2006 • Been teaching vocals since 2007 • Has worked for contemporary and musical theatre schools in West Sussex • Worked as a professional singer since 2008 gigging throughout the UK• Performed for various TV including Sky Sports • Performed at prestigious venues including O2 London • Worked as a presenter for radio channel Radio Free Brighton • A&R co-ordinator for Create Inspire Records •
Emma - Vocal Coach
Jacinda - Vocal Coach
Emma trained in London at Millennium Dance 2000 obtaining a HND in professional Musical Theatre. Since then she has worked both in the U.K. and abroad as a professional vocalist and has 15 years experience in the entertainment industry. Emma performs solo as well as having managed Duo’s and Trio's. Emma has a real nurturing nature meaning that she is great with those looking to build confidence. From managing the vocal groups for man years, she has built a lot of experience working on vocal technique, harmony arrangements and performance skills. She covers most genres including Pop/Rock to Soul and Musical Theatre.
Emma "My passion is to nurture the best from those I work with and encourage individuality and confidence’"
Jacinda is a highly motivated, professional and enthusiastic singing teacher with teaching experience at contemporary performing arts schools in West Sussex and as a private vocal coach. She graduated from The Academy of Contemporary Music (ACM) with a BMus Degree and CertHE Diploma in Professional Music Performance Vocals.
Jacinda specialises in teaching vocal technique/health, performance skills, audition preparation, artist development, music theory and a variety of contemporary genres.
Jacinda: ‘My main focus when teaching students is to build a solid foundation on which they can develop and use their voice in the correct manner and to its full potential. I feel it’s important to create a fun, supportive, non-judgemental space where students can learn from their mistakes and know its perfectly human to make them!’
During lessons you may cover:
• Preparing to sing • Confidence building • Breathing • Vocal warm-ups • Technical exercises • Range • Tuning • Tone • Control • Harmony • Performance • Recording • Audition prep • Artist development and so much more!
Our lessons have been proving so popular of late that we have decided to move to our own studio in Worthing. We are based at Brighton Sound Proofing, 10 Thesiger Cl, Worthing, BN11 2RN. We are leasing this studio exclusively so you can be confident that you can really let loose without getting disturbed by the thought of any body else hearing you. We have a permanent set of equipment for you to use too. We would also welcome anything that you would like to bring a long and try out.